Tuesday 9 September 2008

Helpers AND Hinderers?

Has it ever happened to you that you’re praying for something & you ALMOST call on a hinderer to help you? It happened to me recently & I had to wonder.

Example: you have this hyperactive kid that doesn’t want to take a nap—now, would it be heretical to call on Lethargy to “do his thing”… I mean, since it works so well on MOST Christians? What, with the Lord revealing him to us BY NAME & us rebuking him so effectively, I can only imagine that he’s just LOOKING for stuff to do.

At school time, for another example, some kids could USE being a LITTLE more analytical & carnal minded. (At LEAST enough to not mistake “square roots” for “cubes of carrots & potatoes”. Argh!) Now, I’m not altogether stupid, it's not like I would call on the Selvegion to help them with their division exercises. But wouldn’t calling on Pan, who's obviously NOT the right choice for times of Word or witnessing, be kind of like “rendering to Caesar the things which are Caesar’s” when it comes to school time? Are the demons not subject unto us?

Or calling on Hitler to help them learn German? He was a GREAT speaker in his time…& what’s he so busy DOING in hell anyways? Besides, I can’t picture a hellfire more tormentous than trying to teach German to some of these kids, so why not?

Ok, now that that’s covered it brings me to the original reason I’m asking: I was looking in the mirror this morning, combing what’s left of my hair &, while praising the Lord for how perfectly special & unique He has made me, I ALMOST called on a little help from the Spirits of Seduction…

Hey, I wasn’t claiming FULL POSSESSION or anything…it’s just that, given my good looks & irresistible charm, I just KNOW I could find employment for some “seductory forces”.

I SWEAR I would use it for good only!
P.S. Before completely adopting this concept as part of my beliefs on spiritual warfare, the Lord showed me to pray against a spirit of just taking things by faith & instead calling on the keys of skepticism & a spirit of comparing so that I can measure this foolishness against the yardstick of what the Word has to say. (Mat.12:26 Luke.11:18)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, me thoughts exactly...sometimes these hinderers could really come in handy. Say for example we could call on disruptor to hinder some ppl bent on giving us trouble.
And i found myself joking about lethargy much the same way as you did.
In warfare one must needs use all means to survive :P and "your foe can be your helper" (i do remember hearing this one somewhere).

Jamez said...

Why not Lethargy to help with hyperactive kids, if it works... :D

Glad to see you decided not to blog.

Y.M.R said...

Thats an interesting thought. i dont think ill try it on my kids. but if i see naughty hyperactive children at the park i just might give it a shot. and then I'll fill you in on just how much the Lord blessed it.

Anonymous said...

hahaha...michael that is funny...i love your sense of humor! it's an interesting idea tho, i never really considered it before.

Anonymous said...

Dude. Update this thing already!

Anonymous said...

Or you could ask the Lord to give them their own personal spirit helper to help them with that problem instead of opening the door to the underworld...ask one demon to come and they'll all flood in.

;)

Anonymous said...

hmmm "scot (or tammy in this case) your missing the point"
Dr Evil

Paul said...

Wahahah! Mike, you are too much!

 
Locations of visitors to this page
javascript:void(0) Save Template