Thursday 25 September 2008

Junkfood for Thought


Ok, I just went back & re-read my last post & what is most impressed upon me is the notion that, when I stand before God, I shall have to give account for every idle word I’ve uttered. Which REALLY sucks because I’ve recently been reminded that a picture is worth a THOUSAND words. A THOUSAND words! I wish that had worked for me with my English teacher who SPECIFICALLY did NOT count the inspirational artwork in the margins of my essay toward the 2000 word minimum.

So great, now I’ve got to be picky about the pics I post as well. Of course, I DID try to wrangle with God a LITTLE. I cunningly mentioned to Him that words uttered on the Internet shouldn’t really count, at least not as harshly, since they ARE just 1s & 0s in an artificial environment. Then He gets all, like “Fine, if you REALLY want to count it that way, take a one thousand-word .txt file & compare it with your average .jpg & come back & give me the file size ratio in ‘1s & 0s’ & we’ll see what kind of deal I can cut you.” Then He adds, as an afterthought, “And taking My name in vain counts triple…”

So much for that. Ah, pride; it is a tough pill to swallow but the GOOD news is that when dealing with the Lord, in his infinite mercy, He tenderly supplies it in suppository form. Yay! So if you don’t mind I’m just gonna go ahead & post something pretty, you know, make the Internet a nicer place.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine" ...so it's not all in vain. You're doing you're part to make the world a more marry place. :-P

All that to say, I've been enjoying your ramblings!

Anonymous said...

Glad you posted the pic rather than the 1000+ words!

Anonymous said...

haha. Hi mister!! I really like your blog, your writing makes me laugh like no other. Once I get around to being un-lethargic, I hope you dont mind that I link to you...

GeoMicPri said...

Well, Xanthous, thanks for reading. For if you enjoyed it, then it's not been in vain. And if it's not in vain then it's not idle.And if it's not idle then it's one set of awkward excused that I won't be force to cook up before God's throne. You've done me a favour.

Tammy, your compliments are always...confusing.

Anonymous hee hee, I don't mind if you link me. But by all means, REBUKE LETHARGY.

 
Locations of visitors to this page
javascript:void(0) Save Template