Wednesday 24 September 2008

Why I don't blog 2)

The Parable of the wallet. The kingdom of blogging is like unto a man who bought unto himself a wallet. The more money he SPENT on his wallet, the less money he had to put INSIDE the wallet once it was his, AND the more often he’d also want to pull it out & USE the dandy thing, thereby having even less wherewithal within it.

Then came his readers unto him privately saying, reveal unto us the parable of the wallet. He answered & said unto them, are ye also yet without understanding? Know ye not that he that hath interesting stuff to blog about, hath it only by virtue of the time he spendeth NOT blogging. For out of the abundance of a man’s life his blog speaketh.

Having a healthy life/blog seems to be about keeping the age old balance between “writing something worth reading” on the one hand & “doing something worth writing about” on the other. I feel it’s only fair to you to inform you that nothing in this blog post falls under either of these noble categories. Any further time you spend READING this will be wasted as time that YOU could have spent doing something worth writing about, if not reading about. It’s not that I didn’t DO anything worth DOING. I translated a witnessing tract into French. It’s a good tract, “It’s Free” about salvation, by my father (Anthony) and translating it into French is a worthy undertaking as the French probably need it more than anyone else in the world. But it’s just not something to blog about.

So, why don’t I blog? Well, the reason of the week would be that I’ve been busy doing things that could make my week the sum of something worth blogging about. However, when it’s time to sit down & write about it, I realize, “Who ACTUALLY cares?” Who wants to read about us spending a week filming a video clip? Was it a fun & challenging experience? Yes. Will people want to watch it? …I kinda hope so. Will people want to READ about the making of on a blog? By GOD, I wouldn’t.

Nor would I want to read about the “Memory verse in song musical drama” that I made with kids at our place to help them review their FLIP verses. Am I all nice & proud of myself about it? (Who am I trying to kid) I can’t wait to show it off! But am I gonna brag about on my blog? …Argh, modesty be damned, I shall (apparently). Now, is it worth READING?

I do feel like I just bought a 10 000 Euro wallet. Oh, yeah: He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhh. i love that analogy.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you guys put so much effort on that video clip. Now I can't wait to watch it!

GeoMicPri said...

Coming soon. I think.

Paul said...

Actually, if you wrote a two page biography of your filming of that video clip, I would read it!

 
Locations of visitors to this page
javascript:void(0) Save Template