Sunday 5 October 2008

'Cuz All is Vanity

I want to be a writer, taking tirades of thought & turning them into words.

I want to be an actor, taking words & bringing them to life.

I want to be a singer, taking life & dressing it with music.

I want to be a musician, taking music & unleashing tirades of thought.

I want to be a Witness, taking all the “abstract senses” which separate us from the animals & are the canvas of the ultimate artist, the soul who knows that the glorification of anything less than God Himself is vain. Yup, nothing more than commercial pop art for an ephemeral market.

The thing is: If I were the most wonderful & dreadful of angels, worthy to stand before God’s throne, the sole utterance fit to grace my lips would be a constant magnification of the only truly existing Life form, from which spawn the self-congratulating tangents we call our individuality.

In this realisation my life is too small & stupid to waste ANY talent or effort decorating it with vain glory.

Selfish & proud by nature, desiring the only honourable honour, I want to be a Witness, a brilliance that shines before men in such a way that they must glorify our Father which is in heaven.

1 comment:

The Silver Princess said...

see I knew I could be proud of you

 
Locations of visitors to this page
javascript:void(0) Save Template